The following is a list of social media platforms that I’ve used extensively and personally recommend as the best investment of your time:
– One of the original social bookmarking sites, delicious allows users to tag websites with specific keywords that make website searching a cinch.
-The biggest social news site without question, the sheer number of users makes this a definite recommendation.
-Similar to digg but less popular.
– Online community of people sharing information about themselves and their organization. Great way for businesses to provide a place for their fans to connect.
– Similar to facebook or myspace, but entirely professional. Efficient means of networking, discussing business ideas, and learning more about your prospects.
– Online photo sharing and searching, whether you need a few photos for a project, you’d like to promote your own organization, or just browse.
– Surf websites by genre or with complete randomness with the click of your mouse.
– Half miniblogging, half instant messaging, twitter lets you keep others informed about what you are doing or just share what’s on your mind.
– In my opinion, the most superior blogging platform. There is a free version as well as the full blown version which is behind this website.
– Reviews and ratings along with other relevant information about .. everything.